Saturday 14 May 2016

Mother's Day!


How was your mother’s day? Did you show the beautiful lady your appreciation? Or did you do it through social media? Well if she has a social media account then that would make sense but if she doesn’t, why bother?

It is the time of the year where we all come together to thank, honor and celebrate the one woman who matters to us the most and I must say I just love these special occasions! It makes me appreciate my parents even more and also motivates me to keep that level of appreciation all year round  (I’d like to believe that I’m getting better at it every year :p) 

For some reason I can never say “I love you Amma” or “I love you, Naina” (Naina means dad in Telugu) directly. Arghhh!!I don’t know why but I find it really hard to do so (please don’t say that I’m the only one). And so I have always hoped the little things that I did were enough to portray how much I cherish, love and appreciate them.Well one can hope :D 

I got my mom a bouquet of purple roses. Prior to making the purchase, I was contemplating if I should get her the pale pink or the purple roses. I finally settled for the purple ones.  Why? Well those were her favorite. The pale pink beauties were a real stand out to me but anyway, this was mother’s day and so my preference had to take a back seat. 

Honestly, turn to flowers if you’re at your wits end about what to get. That’s the best gift for any girl/lady for any given occasion. Truly!

The bouquet I got my mom was incredibly beautiful. Not trying to blow my own trumpet but I have a pretty good eye when it comes to flowers or floral designs :D

They say being a mother isn't easy; some say it's the hardest job out there. From changing diapers to catching us when we fall, moms are there loving us through it all. But even so I beg to differ! I think that being a PARENT is the hardest job. Whether a father or mother, I’m sure both have their fair share of challenges in bringing up a child. 

Mothers hardly have the time for anything (even fashion) and yet some of them are still able to look very effortless and with great poise. Seriously, I do wonder how they pull it off. I found some stylish moms around and while some of them were too camera shy to allow me to take a photo of them, others were ever ready to share their radiance to the world 
:D 
Thank you mommies for being such a sport. I had so much fun taking your photos.
 
 Vivy Yusof
Instagram: vivyyusof
Scarf: duckscarves
Top: Uma Privee
Bag: Dior


 Marina 
Instagram: marinalee99
Top: Topshop
Pants: Uniqlo
Necklace: Lovisa
Shoes: Cotton On
Shades: Uniqlo


Tee Poi See
Top: Atria Shopping Gallery
Pants: Bazaar (Atria Shopping Gallery)
Bag: Fossil
Sandals: Hong Kong

 Prem McNeil
Instagram: iamnotminnie
Top: HnM
Pants: Uniqlo
Shades: Cambodia
Shoes: Payless
Bracelets: Thomas Sabo

 Jia (daughter) & Liping (mom)
Instagram:  missabracadabra
Top: Japan (Jia), England (Liping)
Pants: South Africa (Jia), Japan (Liping)
Bag: Kate Spade (Jia)
Shoes: Boohoo (Jia), Fitflop (Liping) 

Rahaya
Scarf: Berjaya Times Square
Top: MNG
Skirt: Kuantan
Bag: MNG
Shoes: Rotelli

 Doris
Instagram: dorischanlaimay
Dress: Zara
Earrings: Tory Burch
Shoes: Zara

Happy Belated Mother's Day
 
 

No comments: