Friday 6 November 2015

The Visit


                        I must say that I love movies that make you jump off your seat! 

Nothing gets your mind off like watching a good movie and so it’s no wonder then that it’s one of my favorite past times. In fact, whenever I hear of a new movie release, I would go that extra mile, travel the seven seas and pretty much do anything and everything in between just so I could watch it! XD
(Not to forget dragging someone with me :P )

Only a movie junkie would understand what I’m trying to say.

Have you heard of the famous director Manoj Shyamalan who goes by the stage name M Night Shyamalan (pronounced as "SHAH-ma-lawn")? If you haven’t, well he’s the director of many successful movies such as The Last Airbender (2010), Unbreakable (2000), Six Sense (1999), The Village (2004) and many more. Manoj who’s an Indian-American born in India, was raised in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and is currently married with three kids. His parents, wife, and nine other family members are all either MDs and/or Ph.D holders. 

Thus it comes as no surprise that his parents wanted him to continue the ‘family profession’ to which fortunately for us, he didn’t agree to. 

His latest movie, The Visit is certainly an interesting and refreshing take on the horror-comedy genre. I found it to be an absolute delight with regards to how he balanced the laughs with the scares. It’s honestly his best movie since 2004's The Village.   

Plot: Two teenage siblings spend a week at the home of their grandparents whose behaviors grow more disturbing and violent as the days go by.

Movie Trailer 

For the first time in a long time, I had my phones completely out of my sight for the entire movie. The story had a neat little twist and as I was watching it with my cousins, I could sense that they were completely drawn into the movie as well.  

Go get your friends or loved ones and with an open mind, sit back, relax and just enjoy the roller coaster ride that this movie will take you on. You won't be disappointed. In fact, you’ll be laughing, cringing, jumping off your seat and have questions circling your mind as the movie keeps you teetering through the whole experience. 

By the end of it, you’ll find yourself emotionally spent but in a good way.

No comments: