Friday 29 December 2017

The Must Try Noodles!


I’m back! 
I've been really busy with work and life in general that my blog has unfortunately taken a back seat. Whenever I had the time to spare, I find myself only wanting to watch a good movie at home. 
Perhaps I'm getting old :(

Thus, what better way is there than to start blogging again talking about food! There is a place that deserves to be spoken about. My dad and I were out and about and as usual it wasn't long before I became hungry. We were along Sungai Besi and he suggested a place there. Apparently, they served some of the most delicious Wan Tan Noodles that he had ever tried and being a huge fan of noodles, I was super hyped to give it a go! 

 

 For many of us Malaysians, a plate of Wan Tan Noodles is among the greatest of comfort foods to be found in the country. The Malaysian version has noodles served dry with a bowl of wonton and soup on the side. The dish may look simple but it takes a lot of care and attention as each of the components need to be just right – the rich soup, springy noodles but tender, the vegetables green and crunchy, the goldfish-like wonton filled with delicious shrimp and pork/ chicken and the sauce sufficient enough to bind all of the elements together in order to create the perfect meal.

 

Now back to my story. Where was I? Ahh yes it was hands down the yummiest Wan Tan Noodles that I had ever tasted! I ordered it with steam chicken (why chicken and not the sweet pork? Naina!  - Enough said :P). The portion was honestly big, at least for me. We paid RM 7 for a plate and God it was good. The chicken was very tender and the soup was filled with flavorings  (MSG was one of their flavorings which I honestly thought was added a little too much). You could also opt for other toppings such as duck, boar and other kinds of meat that I wasn't familiar with, which I’m sure would have been equally excellent!
 

As for the place, I have to say that the ambiance wasn't to my liking. I was a little skeptical when I was first brought here but as they say, the most delicious foods are more often that not found in places that you least expect! They are open from 6 pm to about 3 am or until they have exhausted their supplies for the day. Knowing where the stall is one thing but getting there however, is another matter altogether. If it wasn’t for my dad, I doubt I would have been able to find this elusive stall. Apparently, they are on the Waze.
 

An automobile workshop operates at the premise during the day and at night, the place turns into a stall that is a popular spot for late night party goers and night shift workers. I was surprised when I found out that the food and drinks were prepared by foreigners!

Honestly, just talking about this is making me so hungry. The stall is definitely a must visit 'makan spot' in the Klang Valley! A good place to stop by for dinner or even late night supper. Slightly pricier in comparison to other Wan Tan Noodles stalls out there but it is definitely worth a try! 
 

Give it a shot and let me know. 

Wan Tan Mee Sungai Besi
Not Halal
Opens at 6pm – 3am
190H, Jalan 2 1/2 Miles Sg. Besi,
Kuala Lumpur

 

No comments: